You gotta believe that 2010 will be a better year economically than the one we just left behind. Despite it all, digital business and consumer technologies made significant advances, laying the groundwork for growth in the new year.
- An ever increasing number of companies will adapt social media strategies for their businesses. Better measurement models will develop.
- Traditional media outlets (television, film, publishing) will continue to suffer the effects of old age and will get more serious about experimenting with new business models.
- Although digital music sales will increase in 2010, compact disc sales will continue their fall.
- Though cost prohibitive for the masses, 3D televisions will be considered a success in their introductory release year.
- The smartphone will become more ubiquitous as competition increases and hardware costs go down.
- As more companies develop e-book readers, Kindle prices will continue to decrease (albeit minimally) and publishing companies will get more involved with title pricing.
- Just as it has already happened for the 33 1/3 LP, paper books will one day become niche items for collectors and Luddites alike.